Thank you for visiting Dwight W. Andrus Insurance, Inc.’s (Dwight Andrus) website. Dwight Andrus is respectful of your right to privacy and is committed to maintaining your privacy. This Privacy Statement only relates to the information we collect through our website and any mobile application(s) we may offer.
For details of the information we may collect in connection with insurance transactions and reasons we may share your information, please review our:
Information We May Collect About You Through Our Website and Mobile Applications
Dwight Andrus may collect information from you while you are visiting our website or using any mobile application(s) we may offer (Visitor Information), including information we collect automatically as you navigate through the site and information you may elect to voluntarily provide to us. Dwight Andrus does this so that we can assist you in providing services and information and offering new products and services. Some of the Visitor Information we may collect from you includes:
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
You can refuse to accept cookies, and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. Follow the instructions provided by your browser or mobile device (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility) to modify your cookie settings. Please be advised that if you set your browser to disable cookies or other technologies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Site and other parts of our Site may not work properly. In addition, you have other choices with respect to how cookies are used:
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest, or Google Ads settings.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
If you do log on to an account created on our Site (when that option is provided), as a matter of security, we will not embed your Social Security number, account numbers, password, or other personal information in our cookies.
- IP Addresses: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is a standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the website.
- Information you input into online applications and forms or send us via any contact form or email or messaging link to request insurance quotes, to purchase insurance policies and other insurance products or services, to receive information about or make changes to your existing insurance coverages, to request that we contact you or to otherwise provide information to us (when and to the extent that our website allows such input).
- Information you provide at the time of registering to use our website or to access a client portal (when and to the extent our website allows such registration and access).
- Information you may provide at our request when you report a problem with our website
How Dwight Andrus Uses Your Visitor Information
We may use your Visitor Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send you marketing communications on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, and/or to prequalify you for such products and services;
- to personalize your experience on our website by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- to verify your identity in order to allow you online access to your account, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account and personal information;
- to facilitate your transactions;
- to send you important information about your account, your insurance coverage, and other products and services obtained through us;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation, other legal process, and law enforcement requirements; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new and improving our existing insurance offerings, products and services, enhancing our website, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
We will share information about you only as permitted by law. We will not share your nonpublic personal information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent. There is no need to “opt out” or tell us not to do this.
To protect your Visitor Information and any other personal information from unauthorized access and use, Dwight Andrus has taken steps to protect the information we collect by implementing and maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
Protecting Children’s Online Privacy
Dwight Andrus does not knowingly collect, nor is our website designed or directed, to use personal information from children under the age of 13 without containing verifiable consent from their parents. Should a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 send personal information to us, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent or provide parental notice. Dwight Andrus does not knowingly engage in insurance transactions with persons under 18 years of age (or the applicable age of majority if the age of majority in the user’s place of residence is higher than 18) except through an authorized parent or legal guardian.
Links to Other Websites
Dwight Andrus does have links on our website to third parties. Please be aware that other websites may offer different privacy policies and levels of security than what is offered by Dwight Andrus. Dwight Andrus is not responsible for and does not endorse, guarantee or monitor content, availability, viewpoints, products or services that are offered or expressed on other websites. We urge you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Email Marketing Service
Dwight Andrus may offer an email marketing service. If Dwight Andrus offers such a service, Dwight Andrus may periodically send emails promoting our products and services, or those of our affiliates, to members for whom we have recorded email addresses. All members who receive the marketing emails will have the opportunity to opt out of this service at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe button.
What You As a Customer Can Do to Help
Dwight Andrus is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Customers can help by following some simple suggestions: If we provide an option to create or access an account through our website, protect your account login information, personal information, credit card numbers and any other financial information, PINs and passwords.
- Use caution when disclosing your insurance information, Social Security numbers, etc. to other persons. If you receive a telephone call from someone claiming to be from Dwight Andrus who you do not know, and that unknown person asks for insurance information, account information, or other identifying information, do not give that information.
- If you have an account with us, keep your information with us current. If your address or telephone number changes, please let us know promptly. It is important that we have current information as to how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity relating to your insurance or account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- If you log in to an online account through our website, after you complete your online session, log out of your account before surfing other sites. It is suggested that you do not surf other sites during your online session, as this could allow a cookie to be attached and possibly compromise your information.